Things you should know about portable ice makers
What could it possibly apart from just producing ice? This must be the question that might come to your mind looking at a portable ice maker, whether or not you should buy it.
Well, here are some of the intriguing facts and figures I would like to tell you about the portable ice maker if you are having any second thoughts about not bringing this pocket rocket to your kitchen.
People jump on to the comparisons straight away between the fridge and the portable ice maker, when it comes to freezing ice. I would like to enlighten you with the fact that a best portable ice maker can make ice in just a few minutes, whereas a freezer takes somewhere around 40-45 minutes.
A portable Ice maker can produce 26-35lbs of ice each day; it is highly unlikely that your fridge might come any closer to this figure.
The portable ice maker is designed in such a way that an 8 year old can operate without any problem.
One more incredible feature that makes the portable ice maker stand out the crowd is that, with it you can generate ice of different sizes and shapes. If you are interested in making ice smaller or larger than the usual size portable ice maker is definitely the right machine for you.
And stating the obvious, you can carry it almost everywhere, with the use of the portable ice maker, you can produce as much ice as you want, portable ice maker being stylish, lightweight and smaller in size is way easier to carry anywhere with you.
Also a portable ice maker consumes less amount of electricity and is quite cost effective, it is also really easy to maintain, with hassle free cleaning techniques.
Here is a list of features that comes in a portable ice maker, which will make you want to buy it.
- Full Basket Alert – this is a feature that notifies you when your ice maker basket is full, this will help you in determining the right quantity of the basket.
- Timer – with the help of timer you can set the number of cycles you want your portable ice maker to run for, this will save you the trouble of tuning the machine time and again.
- Overflow Protection – this feature will let you know about the spillage and that the ice is not getting generated.
- Type of Installation – there are two types of installation that can take place, first is the permanent, in which the ice maker is connected to a fixed line of water for the constant supply, these types of ice makers are fixed in one place.
Second is the portable ice maker which does not need a fixed water connection and being portable they can be carried along anywhere.
- Energy Efficiency – being small, compact and fast, the energy consumption of this machine is very low making it cost effective and economical.
- Water Filters – in line water filter is an essential feature of the portable ice maker, it makes the ice taste better and also prevents the machine from any kind of silt deposits, which in turn improves the life and efficiency of the ice maker.
- Recycling Function – with this you can say goodbye to wastage of water as the machine automatically recycles the untreated water, solving the problem of draining the portable ice maker, making it more efficient.
As you can notice these portable ice makers are being used in the places where the ice is required in a short span of time and that too in large quantities. These machines are performing as expected of them and that too on a daily basis.