Have you ever held a picnic or camp yet? If you say “Yes” I make sure that you have many experiences about it. Normally you will make a plan for your camp about: time, place, how many people, what should prepare…. And an indispensable device is a camping stove. You can imagine that a camping or picnic will be so boring without the cooking together at the campsite. So you must bring the appropriate camping stove to cook a lot of delicious food for everyone. Do you know how to buy a suitable camping stove? In this article, I will help you have more information about this equipment as well as how to choose the appropriate camping stove.
Why Should You Select A Camping Stove?
In any camp or picnic, it is very necessary to choose everything which they should have 3 basic elements as follows:
- Must be lightweight,
- Have the suitable size: medium or small,
- Be easy to carry for more convenience in moving and travelling
As we know, a camping stove is a stove type which it is not only compact but also easy to use. In some areas, the fire is prohibited to ensure the safety and prevent the forest fires therefore using the camping stove is the best choice for you.
Today, on the market we are not difficult to buy a camping stove but there are two popular selections for this device including: canister fuel and liquid fuel. Besides, you may also refer to some selections of available alternative fuel such as:
- For cooking in a camp: You should choose any kind of stove that it can control fire and it must have the solid soles,
- For camping in Winter or in high mountain with a group of people: It is a good idea to bring a liquid fuel stove,
- For camping, picnic in Summer: You should have a system integrated gas stove (with a gas cylinder),
They are just some advices for you. However, which camping stove is suitable with your trip, it must also depend on your need.
The Most Basic Information To Choosing A Camping Stove
In fact, some people having a camp prefer camping stoves that they are capable of rapidly heating water used to prepare the frozen foods or melt snow into water. On the other hand, other people want the stoves can be controlled accurately boiling to serve cooking.
The Common Camping Stoves For Your Selection
The manufacturers of camping stoves also give the amount of time to boil water from the normal temperature (average boil time). However, there is not a standard test to determine the speed of the camping stove to boil water. So, these estimates cannot have the exact comparison.
The following information about some camping stoves will help you have more knowledge to choose the best one which it is suitable with your needs.
- Canister stove (is called a camping gas stove) can boil water quickly. It is a great choice for cooking and matching with your camp.
- Liquid fuel stoves may also boil water so fast even in the cold weather. Depending on the product line, its ability to cook is very diverse.
- The alternative fuel stoves are primarily used to boil although they are slower than other stove lines just a few minutes.
- System integrated gas stove can boil water so quickly. It is considered the fastest and can save a lot of fuel. You can use this stove to cook.
The Number Of People Going Camping And Length Of Trip
It is extremely important to know the number of people going camping and length of trip because you can estimate the fuel used.
If you go camping more than 3 people you should carry more than 1 small stove. It will be very convenient if you cook a lot of delicious dishes for all people in a short time, or sometimes some people will help you to prepare the meal. Nowadays, there are many modern stoves which they are very small and light for the choice of customers.
According to the estimate, a camping stove can heat about 14 liters of water. Normally, a frozen food will need at least 2 cups of water to be defrosted and heated so a gas cylinder is enough for 15 to 20 food dishes. However, if the weather is very cold or the low temperature with wind and similar things the efficiency of camping stove will reduce significantly.
Most of the stoves with liquid fuel can refill and you can look inside to check the amount of fuel in the bottle. For the camping stove, you can only shake the gas bottle to guess the rest. Thus, it is essential to bring more than 1 gas cylinder for your camp.
Some Notes When Using The Camping Stove
Every year, there are a lot of accidents about using a camping stove improperly so you must note some following problems to ensure the safety during use:
- For the camping stove attached directly to the gas bottle, you should not use the windshield to keep the heat because it will increase the risk of fire.
- For the camping stove without attaching gas cylinder, it is the best way to have a windshield to increase the efficiency.
- Some stoves having the pressure control valve, you can press on it before using to improve the operation of stove in the cold weather.
- Besides, you can install a sole (this part is usually sold separately) to reduce the risk of falls for the camping stoves.
In short, choosing an appropriate camping stove is not difficult when you have the necessary knowledge about this device. Many people think that gas mini stove can use for a picnic or camp and it is also Okay. They do not need to spend money to buy a new camping stove. But you should know that the purpose of camping stove is convenient and suitable with the using purpose for those who have a camp and it really needs the safety. I believe that this writing will provide for you the useful information about camping stove to choose the appropriate camping stove.